Friday, November 14, 2008

Fire escape?

When I saw Ming's yesterday post I automatically thought of this photo I had taken a few weeks ago. The building in Ming's photo is obviously new and this is not a fire escape... but...

This is the back of the Case de' Mazzanti, the medieval building overlooking Piazza Erbe (see my older post here). While the facade on the square is beautifully painted and quite "regular" in its features, the back shows all the charm of a very, very ancient building with its imperfections, its added features, its bricks... I think I like this side more than the "good" one on Piazza Erbe...

6 comments:

nobu said...

Beautiful night scene, Valeria.

Please watch your step when you go down the stairway.

Fastidiosa said...

Questa scala, questo vicolo è uno dei posti che mi piace di più Ogni volta che esco dalla libreria Gheduzzi mi soffermo a guardare...
Lidia

lunarossa said...

Lovely shot, Valeria. In a way so romantic, maybe because of the light. Verona is indeed beautiful and art the same time mysterious. Take care. Ciao. A.

Jane Hards Photography said...

The warm golden tones really showcase the wonderful staircase.

Jill said...

Gorgeous photo Valerie. So is that a walkway to some apartments?

Ming the Merciless said...

What an interesting staircase!!

What are the two parallel flat lines in the middle of the stairs? Is that for the wheel barrows to cart things up to the top?

I love the soft colors here.

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art