Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pizza!



We often have a pizza in one of the restaurants in Piazza Bra. We like this one because the waiters are so nice and friendly and - of no less importance - the food is actually good.
The square patterned table cloth of the outside tables is quite a cliché of the typical italian trattoria, isn't it. This is our average choice: me, Pizza Bufala with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes; Elena, Pizza Margherita; Filippo, Calzone. Simple and yummy.

How do you like pizza?

9 comments:

hadv said...

*sigh.. that looks really really good.

Ming the Merciless said...

Hmmm...my favorite is actually Pizza Margherita, like Elena. But I also like a simple pizza with mushroom and Parmigiana cheese.

Do Italians eat pizzas with the knife and fork?!?!?!

Bob Crowe said...

Hi - delighted to see a DPB from Verona. My wife and I have fond memories of our one visit a few years ago. One the subject of food, we dined at one of the best restaurants we've ever been to in the world in your city, I Dodeci Apostoli (apologies if my Italian spelling is bad). Yummm. The thought of it makes me want to go back.

Ann said...

Welcome to CDP - its addictive. Look forward to seeing more of your beautiful city. I remember seeing Carmen in the Roman Arena many years ago.

Danial Bigham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danial Bigham said...

MMMm.Ivery very like it Pizza.
Mushroom Pizza Specialy.

valeria said...

Ming, apologies for having removed your comment, I don't even know how I did that!
Luckily it also went on my e-mail:

"Hmmm...my favorite is actually Pizza Margherita, like Elena. But I also like a simple pizza with mushroom and Parmigiana cheese.

Do Italians eat pizzas with the knife and fork?!?!?! "

dianasfaria.com said...

I wish I was in Verona eating any type of pizza! I love pizza! & Italy.

Jill said...

A wonderful appetite-enhancing photo Valeria! They all sound good and look delicious to me.

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art