Thursday, March 5, 2009

Palazzo Verità Poeta


Yesterday morning me and my husband were lucky enough to escape the rain and visit a spectacular historical palace. Right in the heart of town, the Palazzo Verità Poeta is a fine XVIII century building, home of one of the oldest noble families of Verona. 

Emanuele Bevilacqua, offspring of the Verità Poeta family, has thoroughly restored the palace to its original splendour with the help of a mutual friend, Giovanna, a skilled art restorer. Today this noble mansion is no longer inhabited  but it is a renowned venue for the finest receptions: dream wedding parties, classical concerts, special meetings and so on. 
He invited us in to see the latest works being carried out by Giovanna in the ancient cellars where a roman wall is still to be seen. 

After about an hour spent chatting in the Salone delle Feste (while the fabulous cotto tiles were being polished to reveal a glossy surface) ...I began to daydream... I saw our furniture scattered in this 120 square meters salon...and it was time to go... Wake up Valeria!





 

11 comments:

VP said...

beautiful photo of an incredible place: the geometry of the tiles with the cleaner and le trompe-l'œil are simply perfect!

Lowell said...

Very fine photo. I always have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that people actually live(d) in these kinds of places...

Kitty said...

gorgeous!
I'm surprised they let you take photos. Love how shiny the floor is!!

Anonymous said...

Keeeeeeep dreaming Valeria, I'll be the first one to buy this place!! :-)))

Tell me tonight where for heaven's sake this thing is. Verona apperently sooooo many hidden beauties!!!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous palace and an incredible restoration job! It does make one wonder what it would be like to live in such a place, and I bet your furniture would look amazing!

Saretta said...

Consolati col fatto che sarebbe impossibile riscaldarlo! ;-)

Babzy.B said...

Magnificent !!

nobu said...

It is stunning..

B SQUARED said...

You didn't happen upon "Three Gentlemen" by chance?

crocrodyl said...

Beautiful interior! The floor really shines:)

D said...

Wow, what an amazing room.
Thanks for sharing this!

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art