Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dancing in the sun


This photo was taken a few days ago in the square of San Zeno. The couple on the left was reharsing a dance. The guy was suggesting her the steps and she sounded annoyed because she couldn't remember the right sequence... It was sweet...
Please note that the facade of the Cathedral is covered with a cloth on which are printed the features of the church. The cloth hides the scaffoldings on which the restorers work.
The moment was so quiet and enjoyable... We took our midmorning coffee at the café on the corner.

11 comments:

nobu said...

Lovely scenery.
They enjoy sunny day.

Lowell said...

It would be hard to find a more delightful place to share in mid-morning coffee!

Ming the Merciless said...

It is nice that the church has a painted facade to hide the scaffolding.

It looks nice and warm in Verona, compared to cloudy and cold in NYC.

Babzy.B said...

You capture a nice moment , thanks for sharing :)

martha said...

Somehow - the essence of Italy: the history, quirkiness, practicality and beauty - all in one photo - Lovely!

Emma Bond said...

I can't keep saying it enough! I love love love Italy, and I love your photos and I am going to have to get on a plane very soon and come over there to get my fix of all things Italian. I remember Verona had so many wonderful parts to it. Am very envious!

glenda said...

The cloth facades are a great way to cover up restorations. I first say these in Italy.

Clueless in Boston said...

Nice place for some mid-morning coffee. I'm amazed they would put up a cloth over the scaffolding with a likeness of the church facade. Great idea, but it must be costly.

lunarossa said...

So great. In the right place at the right time. All the best. Ciao. A.

lemon said...

Such a beauty in your city! I didn't know, we only plan about Florence, and Rome, and Venice, when we think about Italy! Very pleasant surprise this is for me.
I like quiet places and early morning coffee!

crocrodyl said...

Hehe:) Really sweet:) Wonderful photo! I like your perspective! Very nice place!

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art