Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Edicola di Piazza Erbe

When I come to Piazza Erbe for my midmorning coffee I usually buy the newspaper here. Like every newspaper kiosk it is packed with any kind of magazines, books, postcards, calendars but it is also stocked with foreign publications (see the red stand on the left) and sometimes I indulge with a copy of my beloved ELLE UK or one of those beautiful french or english home magazines!

At the foot of the Torre del Gardello (XIII century), on the corner of Piazza Erbe, the lucky owner of the kiosk shares the entire view of the square with a few other shops located on this side, right at the beginning of Corso Portoni Borsari.

8 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

I love looking at European magazines at kiosks like that! Usually I buy sometime after a while! Did they have "Svensk Damtidning" there?

Babzy.B said...

Good street photo , i like the kiosk very much ,!

Saretta said...

That kiosk seems squished down under the weight of the tower!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi there. Just popped over from Carmela's blog where I was viewing your lovely photos of her home.

Well I just love all your photos here. The door on Oct1 and bike Sept30 are fantastic. I will have to make sure I come back soon. Julie

Kcalpesh said...

A mix of all the colors of information is that collection of news papers & magazines on that newspaper stall! :-)

- Pixellicious Photos

brattcat said...

What a textured place to come face-to-face with the news and views of the world. Thank you for capturing and sharing this.

Ming the Merciless said...

I love newspaper kiosks like this. I love magazines too but I rarely buy them from the store because it is so much cheaper to get an annual subscription instead.

I love Vogue Italia. Franca Sozzani is one of the best editors in the world.

Kitty said...

I like this image quite a bit. There's a brownish cast to it that unites the whole scene.

I adore the wooden shutters on the building next door.

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art