Thursday, June 3, 2010

...just one more from Tuscany..!


...just one more, ok? This is the ancient and picturesque village of Sovana (have a look, it's really interesting!), on the soft hills of southern Maremma, a few miles from the sea.
Every time we go back home in Argentario, we never miss a nice drive inland through the most beautiful villages such as Pitigliano, Sovana and my favourite one: Sorano, among whose green surroundings are to be found archeological treasures like etruscan (and beyond) necropolis hidden in the woods and the mysterious vie cave...

6 comments:

Randy said...

Absolutely beautiful.

joo said...

It's lovely!

brattcat said...

I may have to tie my hands behind my back to keep from booking my ticket there immediately. The photograph and description are so enticing.

TheChieftess said...

What a beautiful spot, and photo!!!! The colors of the flowers against the aged brick...magnifico!!!

Leif Hagen said...

I love, love this wall of beautifully colorful flowerpots!

Espresso said...

Wonderful!
So many flowers in one place :)

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art