Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The blue portrait


I was walking on the Lungadige San Giorgio yesterday morning when I spotted something that, from far away, seemed like a blue painting on the stones of this old building (that you can see on the other side here) and I thought, oh my, who can have done it?!? As I approached I realized (quite relieved!) that the painting was instead made on plexiglas tiles held together by tiny rings. The wind moved the tiles almost like it would have done if it was fabric.
Unfortunately I cannot read what's written underneath the face, have you got any ideas about who this artist may be?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it says "Baden Powell of Gilwell" and that's Lord Baden-Powell who founded the Scouting movement. It's actually his signature so still no idea who made the art.

valeria said...

Thank you Winnie! I should have thought it had something to do with scouts, given the hat and the typical scarf...

brattcat said...

Excellent capture, Valeria.

Kitty said...

neat photo. How funny that it's randomly there? I can imagine it being a logo for a restaurant, but it's odd for someone to put it up for no other reason.

Stefan Jansson said...

Neat photo it is. I recognised him when I had another look after reading Winnie's comment.

Nishant said...

Thank you Winnie!
data entry work from home

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art