Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Villa Novare

I drove into the country the other day, just a few miles from Verona, in the hills of Valpolicella, famous for the wine production.
Reaching the village of Arbizzano my attention was drawn by a small sign indicating "Villa Novare". I turned into the small driveway and after a few hundred meters into the vines, I found myself in front of this beautiful XVIIIth century villa. There was no one in sight, the air was still and the sun shone. I got out of the car and took a few photos...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a magical and stately place!

amatamari© said...

Ohhhh che splendore!
Grazie!

Anonymous said...

Woohw, perfect!

Lowell said...

One never knows what one might find up a strange road ... and you wouldn't want to be up that road without your camera!

Fine photo of a gorgeous place. Lots of history here, I would guess.

Leif Hagen said...

I wish your aunt or a friend owned the place so you could show us some photos inside and other photos! What a marvelous "palace!"

brattcat said...

What a wonderful discovery! Must have taken your breath away when you saw it.

Hilda said...

Magnificent!
Did you take a peek inside?

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art