Monday, May 25, 2009

The Italian sunday #2



Chievo has made it! Although the match was rather lazy, both teams managed to bring home 1 point, having finished 0-0. In my post yesterday I wrote that today Chievo would have played the last match of the season. I wasn't very precise: there is still one more match to play but this was the last one "at home" in Verona and the foundamental one. In fact, with today's result Chievo has secured its place in the top division!!!
Once again Chievo raised from the ashes (the bad beginning of the championship) playing spectacularly against the top teams. Sergio Pellissier, was among the leading athlets of the year and was recently summoned to be part of the National Italian Team!!! The dream goes on!

It was incredibly hot today, about 35°C, I was sweating in the shaded part of the Stadium!
I felt so proud and almost moved when the players took off their yellow shirts and put on a plain white tshirt with a big "A" on their chest. They hold hands and ran towards the supporters waving, smiling and shouting their joy.
Tonight, the team and a wide number of veronesi will celebrate!

8 comments:

Clueless in Boston said...

Congratulations on your victory. I really like the top picture. You caught the team name and the field in the background.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Italian Sports Sunday. Great photos.

Blogaire said...

Ah great! Now I see that Chievo will still be in the top division next year. Congratulazioni!

magicpolaroid said...

pur non amando il calcio sono ontento che il Chievo sia rimasto in serie A! ciaoo!!

Emma Bond said...

I imagine they know how to celebrate in Verona!

VP said...

I am not much a football fan, but I am really happy that a team like the Chievo is back in Serie A.

Saretta said...

That's great! And now that both Bari and Chievo are in the A Series, we'll be competitors! :-)

Stefan Jansson said...

Congrats!

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art