Thursday, April 16, 2009

Broken dream, one year later...


These were the dresses that two italian performance artists, Pippa Bacca and Silvia Moro wore as they departed from Milan to travel to the Balcans to deliver a message of "marriage between different people and nations", through the role of women. Pippa Bacca was unfortunately murdered on March, 31 2008 as she was hitchhiking through Turkey, choosing to have faith in human beings as part of the performance “Brides on Tour”.

The Byblos Art Gallery hosts the "Brides on Tour" exhibition until the 9th of may. Photos, writings, videos, objects from the tour of the two "brides".

7 comments:

Lowell said...

How sad is that? This is a tragic display. One could write a book about it.

Ann said...

I remember that - so sad, but very naive.

Copenhagen said...

That's terrible.

Amy said...

This photo really conveys that tragic story...

joo said...

Horrible! Picture is great.

Babzy.B said...

What a sad story !

Virginia said...

Oh my. I don't have words to express how this photo and your text makes me feel.
V

My RedBubble slideshow

You can buy my photos on

Buy art